Sunday, December 23, 2007

MRCP(I) Mock Paper, The Day Before Examination!

This is the second MRCP(I) part I mock test. I tried to include some of the commonest and most important examination themes. I also included some rare ones. I did not include photographic materials, which are usually few in number.
Please read the questions well, mark the answer sheets within 3 hours, and finally verify your answers and calculate your score. The pass mark is usually around 70%.
Don’t leave any question unmarked, as there is no penalty for wrong ones. Always start with the MCQs paper as it has the bulk of the score (250/300) and is easier to “navigate”. During the last quarter of hour, rapidly review your answers and check them carefully on the answer sheets.
I received many email suggesting the addition of online interactive questions with a computerized scoring system to our website. Personally, I discourage such “a process of practicing” the MRCP examination is neither computer based nor internet based; it is paper based. Many candidates simply fail because of unfamiliarity with the examination environment and wrong way of answering and marking the answer sheets. Try to imaging yourself in the examination hall, print this mock and solve it.
Eid Mabrook, Merry Xmas, and Happy New Year…
I wish you all the best and good luck…

Dr. Osama SM Amin MBChB MRCP(I) MRCPS(Glasg)
Head of Neurology4MRCP.com