Saturday, December 29, 2007

MRCP(I) Mock Test; Enough is Never is Enough!



This is the third MRCP(I) part I mock test. I hope that the previous 2 mocks were helpful. I’ve been asked about “how to calculate the final score after answering the mock test?” The MCQs paper has 50 questions, one score for each option; that would result in 250 scores. The BoM paper has 50 questions, one score for each option; that would be 50 scores. The sum of both is 300. The pass mark is usually around 70%, and that is 210/300 correct answer.


As I said previously, always start with the MCQs paper, as it has the bulk of the final score, and is easier to “navigate”. Please read the questions well, mark the answer sheets within 3 hours, and finally verify your answers and calculate your score. Don’t leave any question unmarked, as there is no penalty for wrong ones. During the last quarter of hour, rapidly review your answers and check them carefully on the answer sheets.


I received many email suggesting the addition of online interactive questions with a computerized scoring system to our website. Personally, I discourage such “a process of practicing”; the MRCP examination is neither computer based nor internet based; it is paper based. Many candidates simply fail because of unfamiliarity with the examination environment and wrong way of answering and marking the answer sheets. Try to imagine yourself in the examination hall, print this mock and solve it.Please, do not hesitate in contacting us for any query.

Happy New Year…

I wish you all the best and good luck…


Dr. Osama S. M. Amin MBChB MRCP(I) MRCPS(Glasg)